The Royal Society of Canada invites the RSC Fellows as well as RSC Institutional Members (IM) to submit nominations for the 2018 Medal and Awards competition.
Deadline: March 1, 2018
The following Medal/Awards are now open to receive nominations:
- Humanities and Social Sciences:
- Innis-Gérin Medal (Medal)
- J.B. Tyrell Historical Medal (Medal)
- Lorne Pierce Medal (Medal)
- Ursula Franklin Award in Gender Studies (Diploma)
- Yvan Allaire Medal (Medal + $5,000) ***** New Medal
- Bancroft Award (Diploma)
- Flavelle Medal (Medal)
- John L. Synge Award (Diploma)
- McLaughlin Medal (Medal)
- Miroslaw Romanowski Medal (Medal + $3,000)
- Rutherford Memorial Medal in Chemistry (Medal)
- Rutherford Memorial Medal in Physics (Medal)
- Willet G. Miller Medal (Medal)
- Candidates cannot apply on their own behalf
- Candidates shall be Canadian citizens or have had status for at least three years as Canadian Permanent Residents at the time of their nomination
Submitting a nomination
Nominations must include all the items listed on the RSC Website and follow the exemples provided.
Nominations must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 1st at 8h00pm (Eastern time).
Incomplete nominations will be rejected.
Nominations are valid for one year only.
Nominations are reviewed by the Medal and Awards Committees by the Academies. The Committee is composed of the Academy Past President or President-Elect, the Academy Secretary and the Division Directors.
Announcement of Award Recipients
The names of the 2018 Medal and Award recipients will be made public on the RSC website as well as by a news release in late September.
Questions regarding the RSC Medal and Awards programme can be directed to email@example.com, 613-991-6990 ext 106.